More Health Services Info
- Nurse and Doctor Consultations
- Health education information
- Referral for hospital services: x-rays, eye, ear and throat consultations, etc.
- Advisory: general welfare, sexual health, contraception, etc.
- Pregnancy testing and ante-natal care
- Psychiatrist (by referral from doctor)
- Physiotherapy €30
- Holiday vaccinations
- Morning after pill (€30)
All EU/EEA students can use their E111/ E118 forms and/or their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in the Student Health Unit.
All students are advised to continue taking any medications/inhalers as prescribed by family doctors and to bring their medication with them when visiting the Student Health Unit. First year students are invited to attend the Student Health Unit if they have any ongoing conditions, which may require maintenance treatment during the academic year. Likewise, returning students are asked to inform the Student Health Unit if there is any change in health status since the previous academic year.
Absolute confidentiality is maintained in the Student Health Unit. Medical records are available to the Health Unit staff only and cannot be accessed by any other University department.
Meningitis C Vaccine
The Department of Health and Children currently recommend this Vaccine for students up to the age of 22. It is available free of charge in the Health Unit. Remember to make your appointment as early as possible.
- Headache Fever Vomiting
- Stiffness Drowsiness Fitting
- Dislike of bright lights Rash
Early treatment is essential as the disease can progress rapidly and is sometimes fatal.
Opening Hours: 09:15 - 12:30 and 14:30 - 16:30
Contact Details: Tel: (091) 524411 extn 2604 or direct line (091) 492604