The Grinds Register
Before taking grinds in any subject, students are advised to consult with their lecturer(s) or course director, who may offer additional support in problematic areas of your course. They also know more about the course material than potential tutors.
Prior to using this database, students should note the following:
- Tutors are not monitored by the Students' Union.
- Quality of grinds cannot be guaranteed by the Students' Union.
- Any fees should be agreed between the tutor and the student(s) in advance.
- For safety reasons, students are advised to hold the first meeting in a public place.
- Any student giving grinds to another student should be aware and maintain clarity of who is doing the work to ensure that accusations of academic dishonesty (plagiarism) are avoided. Tutors should avoid assisting assessed work.
- Tutors giving grinds and students receiving grinds should be familiar with the NUI Galway Code of Practice for dealing with Plagiarism: www.nuigalway.ie/plagiarism